08 January 2012

Webpage error details. Object required


Not long ago, I created a new master-page (from scratch) at SharePoint Designer.
I'm done to add all the controls - looks good!
But when I started working with web-parts - had a little problem. Drag and Drop did not work.

I received the following error:

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 11:46:30 UTC

Message: Object required
Line: 1571
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://yoururl/ie55up.js



Webpage error details. Object required


Google search brought me to the following blog:
Neil Mosafi  - http://neilmosafi.blogspot.com/2007/11/sharepoint-dragging-webparts-causes.html
When I added the code - he really helped me

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
function MSOLayout_GetRealOffset(StartingObject, OffsetType, EndParent)
{
  var realValue=0;
  
if (!EndParent) 
    EndParent=document.body;
  
for (var currentObject=StartingObject; currentObject && currentObject !=EndParent && currentObject != document.body; currentObject=currentObject.offsetParent)
  
{
    
var offset = eval('currentObject.offset'+OffsetType);
   
if (offset)

      realValue+=offset;
  
}
  
return realValue;
}

</
script>

thanks Neil :)

Something I want to emphasize - it put the code as much as possible at the end of the page.

Hope I helped,
Roi


No comments:

Post a Comment