10 June 2011

Problem with stsadm addwppack command

Recently I came across an unfamiliar problem, when I tried to install web-part (stsadm addwppack command).
I ran the following simple command:

D:\>stsadm -o addwppack -force -globalinstall -url http://mySite -filename WP_Debloy.CAB

And the message I received:

This solution contains no resources scoped for a Web application and cannot be deployed to a particular Web application.

What the hell's going on?
After games of all kinds of trials, I got a solution: instead of running the command -url , I ran the command -nodeploy.
And I got the following message:

"wp_debloy.cab" has an unsupported extension, and cannot be added to the solution store.

So it's easy - Suddenly, the CMD is important for me to write in small letters (insteand of -filename WP_Debloy.CAB - You need to write -filename WP_Debloy.cab).
Yes... I got

Operation completed successfully.

Now I ran the command again with the-url command and everything went correctly.



Yours,
Roi

No comments:

Post a Comment